Re: Work Around For Oracle Feature

From: "Kelly McTiernan" <kelly(dot)mctiernan(at)verizon(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Work Around For Oracle Feature
Date: 2002-02-24 01:32:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!
I've been unable to get nested queries to work. e.g:

select x,y from z where y in (select r from t);

fails in a JDBC call (JBoss JDBC Driver). I wound up having to do =>

select r from t;

iterate through the result set and build a string list of str = 'a,b,c...',
then do a select like:

"select x,y from z where y in (" + str + ")"

Anyone have any ideas?