Re: BUG #17798: Incorrect memory access occurs when using BEFORE ROW UPDATE trigger

From: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #17798: Incorrect memory access occurs when using BEFORE ROW UPDATE trigger
Date: 2023-04-29 09:00:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello Tom,

20.04.2023 13:00, Alexander Lakhin wrote:

> 19.04.2023 11:29, Richard Guo wrote:
>> I have a second look at this issue and now I think the fix in v1 patch
>> is correct.  I think the comment needs to be updated for this change,
>> maybe something like
>>

> I've updated the comment based on your suggestion. Please look at the patch
> attached.

Could you please confirm the issue, Richard's and my conclusions, and the
correctness of the patch, in light of the upcoming May releases?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that this bug can lead to data corruption in
databases where BRU triggers are used.

If the defect is real, but the patch proposed is not good enough, I would
register it on the commitfest to continue working on it.

Best regards,
Alexander