Setting vacuum_mem for vacuumdb utility

From: Jeff Boes <jboes(at)qtm(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Setting vacuum_mem for vacuumdb utility
Date: 2004-05-27 16:56:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

I just discovered that the use of a much larger setting on vacuum_mem
has a joyous effect on the throughput of VACUUM FULL for some of our
tables. However, all of my maintenance scripts use "vacuumdb" (the
command-line utility) instead of psql. How can I set vacuum_mem for the
duration of the vacuumdb command's execution?

--
Jeff Boes vox 269.226.9550 ext 24
Database Engineer fax 269.349.9076