Unusual PK contraint error

From: "Jasbinder Singh Bali" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unusual PK contraint error
Date: 2007-03-31 18:46:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I have a compostie primary key in my table comprising of 3 fields.
My systems tries to enter records in this table for which the combination of
these 3 fields is not there at all

The new record gets inserted but with the following error being displayed on
console

DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint
"pk_verify_mx"

I don't know whats goin on. Records get inserted but this duplicate key
error is being thrown

~Jas