Re: Anyone know where I can get an 8.2.3 binary for ubuntu?

From: Leonel <lnunez(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Mikko Partio" <dun(at)haisuli(dot)net>
Cc: Ron <rjpeace(at)earthlink(dot)net>, "PostgreSQL General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "PostgreSQL Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Anyone know where I can get an 8.2.3 binary for ubuntu?
Date: 2007-03-31 19:05:44
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

On 4/1/07, Mikko Partio <dun(at)haisuli(dot)net> wrote:
> > Subject says it all. Doing a source compile under Debian or
> > Debian-like condition is not an option for the end user. They need
> > an apt-get (the ubuntu equivalent to rpm AFAICT) version.
> >
> > Unfortunately, the latest I can find is 8.1.8
> > Where's 8.2.3?
>

> What ubuntu version do you have? I believe that 8.2.3 is at the
> repositories for edgy and feisty. Or download the .debs from
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/postgresql-8.2
>
> Regards
>
> MP

and once you downloaded the packages do a :

apt-get build-deps postgresql-8.1
then

dpkg-source -x postgresql-8.2_8.2.3-2.dsc
cd postgresql-8.2-8.2.3
edit debian/control and put the dapper's version for debhelper and cdbs
dpkg-buildpackage -us -nc

you may ignore the version dependency for debhelper and cdbs or edit the
debian/control file to use the dapper version for those packages

then
add this to your /etc/apt/sources.list

deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ feisty main universe

then