Re: berkley sockets

From: "J S B" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, "J S B" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: berkley sockets
Date: 2006-09-13 05:51:38
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't want to connect to the postgres database.

The scenario is something like this.

Postgres database has to initiate some deamon process running is another
server.
The only way i could think of doing this was openeing a socket connection
between postgres database and
the deamon process through a shared object dynamicall loaded in postgres.

Berkley sockets is the socket API in unix that uses
<sys/socket.h>

Don't know if there's a better way to do it.

~Jas