Permissions to connect to postgres database

From: "Jasbinder Bali" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Permissions to connect to postgres database
Date: 2006-07-27 15:32:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I have a database in postgres and i've given trusted permissions to all
making required changes
in pg_hba.conf.

Now, I'm trying to connect to the database using ECPG. Unfortunately after
EXEC SQL CONNECT dbxyz
gives me error -402 that means i don't have permissions to the database.

I'm running this ECPG code under root permissions.
Don't know what needs to be done to make it work.

Is there some kind of a script file that needs to be run
so that everything is well in place.

Regards,
~Jas