Verifying a PITR

From: james bardin <jbardin(at)bu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Verifying a PITR
Date: 2009-09-04 16:26:14
Lists: pgsql-general

What would be the best way to verify that a PITR came up with *all*
the expected data?

This is mostly for a controlled failover, where I manually bring down
the primary server, and shouldn't ever lose a transaction.
If I need to use something like txid_current(), how do I ensure that
it's the last transaction before shutdown, and the first after
recovery?

Thanks
-jim