Re: Commit fest 2017-11

From: Jesper Pedersen <jesper(dot)pedersen(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Commit fest 2017-11
Date: 2018-05-22 18:12:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 05/22/2018 01:57 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 4:19 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> I wonder if we should consider adding a field to the CF app *specifically*
>> to track things like this. What I'm thinking is a field that's set (or at
>> least verified) by the person who flags a patch as committed with choices
>> like Trivial/Simple/Medium/Complex (trivial being things like typo fixes
>> etc, which today can hugely skew the stats).
>
> I think this would be pretty subjective ... and there are also a LOT
> of patches that don't go through the CF process. The ratio of commits
> to commitfest entries is at least 5:1. If we only track what gets
> registered in the CF app we're ignoring a huge amount of stuff.

If it was set during the submission it could provide an insight to
reviewers to the level of difficulty. Maybe that could help reviewers
pick the "correct" entry.

Of course there would need to be a link to the Wiki with a description
of each of the levels.

The committer could of course always change the level upon Rejected,
Returned with Feedback or Committed.

Best regards,
Jesper