number of dimensions of a multi-dimensional array

From: &ru <voros(dot)andras(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: number of dimensions of a multi-dimensional array
Date: 2005-12-01 13:15:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

I am developing pl/pgsql functions with multi-dimensional array input
parameter.
I can use array_dims(), but it gives just the text representation of
the structure and it is not suitable when I want to iterate over the
whole array with the array_lower() and array_upper() functions. I want
to handle custom dimension/size arrays.
So my question is, how can I easily determine the number of the
dimensions of an array?

Thanks,
Andrew