Re: Can't reset password

From: Radosław Smogura <rsmogura(at)softperience(dot)eu>
To: Keith Chen <chenk(dot)2011(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can't reset password
Date: 2012-07-18 09:00:25
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 22:42:22 -0400, Keith Chen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I deleted my Postgresql and try to reinstall it. I try to reset the
> password by typing in net user postgres *. However, the new password
> doesn't work when the installer prompt me to input the password.
> Could you please help me?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Keith
I changed postgesql password using mmc.exe and users & groups snap-in,
then reset password. This is safe unless you have some encrypted files.
If you have simple editions of Vista or Windows 7 then this snap-in may
be not available. Uncheck anything like password expired, user need to
change password on log-in.

Regards