Re: How do I create a new table based on combining a number of tables

From: Intengu Technologies <sindile(dot)bidla(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How do I create a new table based on combining a number of tables
Date: 2009-09-28 10:00:37
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks Serge

Here is my attempt of an sql statement, but only the first table is
being inserted.

As a nice to have would also to add a field to indicate from which table.

1. create table allfrm_1

2. insert the records of the other tables into allfrm_1

INSERT INTO deeds.allfrm_1

SELECT * FROM deeds.plssblmfrm_1
UNION ALL

SELECT * FROM deeds.plssctnfrm_1