Re: SAN vs Internal Disks

From: "Harsh Azad" <harsh(dot)azad(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Mark Lewis" <mark(dot)lewis(at)mir3(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SAN vs Internal Disks
Date: 2007-09-06 16:58:45
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thanks Mark.

If I replicate a snapshot of Data and log files (basically the entire PG
data directory) and I maintain same version of postgres on both servers, it
should work right?

I am also thinking that having SAN storage will provide me with facility of
keeping a warm standby DB. By just shutting one server down and starting the
other mounting the same File system I should be able to bing my DB up when
the primary inccurs a physical failure.

I'm only considering SAN storage for this feature - has anyone ever used SAN
for replication and warm standy-by on Postgres?

Regards,
Harsh

--
Harsh Azad