Re: Some notes on pgAdmin

From: Luis Ochoa <ziul1979(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Some notes on pgAdmin
Date: 2009-03-09 19:17:42
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Chuck McDevitt <cmcdevitt(at)greenplum(dot)com>wrote:

> > Yeah - we generally use 4 spaces, but tabs keep creeping in. I'm
> > beginning to this we should use tabs instead, and see if we can't run
> > something akin to pgindent over the code to clean it up nicely.
> >
> > What do people prefer - tabs or spaces?
>
> I definitely prefer spaces. Too many tools assume tab=8 spaces.
>

> > I don't know that any of us have tried building with 2K8 yet anyway,
> > but if/when point 4 is fixed, I'll be happy to accept a patch if
> > anyone can figure out a nice way to automatically pickup the correct
> > runtimes regardless of VC++ version.
> >

> I started out using VC 9 (2008), and everything works fine except you need
> to include the merge modules from VC 9 for the runtime (and it has to be the
> merge modules, including the files by themselves doesn't work right).
>
> I went back to VC 8 to keep compatible with what others are using for
> PgAdmin.

Hi, I know that last year I tried to capture coding standard for new code,
then I create a wiki at postgresql, probably is not 100% accurate but it can
be used as a start for the creation of the project standard for
codification.

url: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgAdmin_Internals#Coding_Style

Here too, it's the location to explain the process (and problems and
solutions) of compiling pgAdmin with different versions of VC++ or other
operative systems and/or compilers.

Regards, Luis.