adding new field

From: "ranbeer makin" <ranbeer(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: adding new field
Date: 2006-06-05 17:54:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I have two questions to ask:

1. How to flush buffer in postgres? I'm not able to see the changes that I
make in my code. Sometimes the output comes and sometime it's not. What
might be the problem?

2. I have added a new field in RESDOM structure, made necessary
modifications in outfuncs.c, copy, read, equalfuncs.c ....but my prog is
behaving in a weird way, seems like some memory probs...What other
modifications needs to be done to reflect the addition of this new field?

I looked up into the archive, but not no results.

Best,
Ranbeer
Hyderabad
India