Re: DB become enormous with continuos insert and update

From: Gabriele Bartolini <Gabriele(dot)Bartolini(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)it>
To: Hfe80 <federico(dot)mo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: DB become enormous with continuos insert and update
Date: 2010-10-28 13:37:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

> It was a bug of version 8.1.
> We solve all our problem simply update to 8.4 !!!

Well ... it was not a bug, actually a feature that was not yet
implemented.

My first question about which version of PostgreSQL you were using in this
thread was exactly for that purpose, but ... you never replied to that.

Next time, please post the version you are using and possibly the
operating system.

> It's incredible, DB don't change dimension even after 1 million insert
and
> update.
> CPUs average load drastically is fallen down!

Glad you fixed it.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--