Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove MSVC scripts from the tree
Date: 2023-09-29 09:26:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 22.09.23 03:12, Michael Paquier wrote:
> It has been mentioned a few times now that, as Meson has been
> integrated in the tree, the next step would be to get rid of the
> custom scripts in src/tools/msvc/ and moving forward only support
> Meson when building with VS compilers. As far as I understand, nobody
> has sent a patch to do that yet, so here is one.
>
> Please find attached a patch to move the needle in this sense.

Your patch still leaves various mentions of Mkvcbuild.pm and Project.pm
in other files, including in

config/perl.m4
meson.build
src/bin/pg_basebackup/Makefile
src/bin/pgevent/meson.build
src/common/Makefile
src/common/meson.build
src/interfaces/libpq/Makefile
src/port/Makefile

A few of these comments are like "see $otherfile for the reason", which
means that if we delete $otherfile, we should move that information to a
new site somehow.