Re: Importing data into postgreSQL from FileMaker?

From: "M(dot) Bastin" <marcbastin(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Importing data into postgreSQL from FileMaker?
Date: 2004-09-18 19:37:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

>I've made heaps of Filemaker databases on a Mac, now I'm moving to use
>PostgreSQL on Debian GNU/Linux.

I've made a little app to convert a Mac FMP export to a PostgreSQL
importable file in UTF-8.

(You'd have to define your PostgreSQL databases as UTF-8 at creation time.)

If I can locate my app I'll send it to you off line.

Marc

PS: you can check out aliacta.com for Eduphant which is a free text
encoding savvy postgresql client that runs on Mac 9 and X (and
Windows), and pgSQL4RB if you want to use REALbasic to develop your
custom (Mac/Win/Linux) PostgreSQL clients.