Extended query language: does it work?

From: "M(dot) Bastin" <marcbastin(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Extended query language: does it work?
Date: 2004-07-09 10:23:14
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

Is there anyone who knows about the extended query language? Nobody
answered my question yesterday. Could anyone put me in touch with
the person who programmed that part in the worst case?

I send a "parse command." If there's a syntax error, I get an error
back as expected, otherwise I don't get anything back even though the
docs say I should receive a "parse complete" message back (and
hopefully a "ready for query" too even though that's not mentionned).

Is the extended query language operational yet? (PostgreSQL 7.4.2)

Thanks,

Marc