How to set up an SSL test environment?

From: "M(dot) Bastin" <marcbastin(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to set up an SSL test environment?
Date: 2004-05-05 10:48:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I would like to set up an SSL test environment to further develop my
frontend-backend implementation and add SSL support to it.

Trouble is, I don't know much about SSL (and command shells)--I'm on
OS X and come from a traditional Mac culture. I've been searching
the docs and archives and it's all very cryptic to me.

I guess this is the best hint to what I'm looking for:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-docs/2002-09/msg00038.php
But I'm not sure on how to interpret this and it looks like a step
somewhere in the middle and not the whole procedure.

Can anyone direct me to some good entry level documentation or go
through the trouble of explaining me the whole thing if it's not too
much--I bet it is though?

Thanks,

Marc