Multiple open ResultSets not allowed?

From: Jeff Kolesky <jeff(at)edusoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Multiple open ResultSets not allowed?
Date: 2003-03-15 00:20:26
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I have just switched to using the 7.3 JDBC driver and am no longer
allowed to have multiple ResultSets open at the same time.

When running code that iterates through two open ResultSets (from two
different Statements from the same Connection), the following
exception is thrown:

Connection is closed. Operation is not permitted.
at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1ResultSet.next
(AbstractJdbc1ResultSet.java:92)

I haven't looked at the AbstractJdbc1ResultSet code to see what is
going on, but according to the JDBC Javadocs, "if the reading of one
ResultSet object is interleaved with the reading of another, each
must have been generated by different Statement objects." Therefore,
the code I am executing should not throw this exception, and with the
previous version of the driver it did not.

Is this a known bug? Has it been fixed? Did I misinterpret the Javadocs?

Thanks.

Jeff