Moving Bibliography to SQL, Web

From: Matt Price <matt(dot)price(at)utoronto(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Moving Bibliography to SQL, Web
Date: 2002-08-31 02:17:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everyone,

I'm working on several academic projects the bibliographies of which
I'd like to make publically available through a web interface. Most
of the bibliographies are quite small, but one is fairly substantial
(ca. 5,000 entries) and though I have it statically sorted on my
website, it's getting pretty unmanageable.

Here's my question: all the data is currently in EndNote files (a
proprietary bibliographic software package). I imagine switching the
records over to PostresQL won't be too very difficult -- though if
anyone already has a table format that works I'd love to see it! --
but I don't have any idea at all how to manage the web interface. Has
anyone heard of a solid, open source, unix/linux-based, relatively
user-friendly set of scripts that might be useful for this situation?
I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to databases, so any help will be
greatly appreciated. thanks,

matt