Re: MS Windows libpq++

From: liam <allenwc(at)home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MS Windows libpq++
Date: 2001-04-26 17:00:55
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

At 2:45 PM +0200 4/26/01, J. T. Vermeulen wrote:
>On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Horst Herb wrote:
>
>> what exactly do I need to build a libpq++ equivalent on MS Windows and Macs?
>> My software runs nicely on Linux, but I have to port it now.
>
>I don't expect libpq++ *itself* would give you much trouble--the real issue
>is porting libpq, and that could be hard...

To the Mac? It can be done. I've done most of it. At least to the
point where I can connect and get results. No authentication though.

What you need is the GUSI project and the STLPort.
the GUSI project:
http://www.iis.ee.ethz.ch/~neeri/macintosh.html
and the STLPort:
http://www.stlport.org/download.shtml

--
Later . . . 'liam

allenwc(at)home(dot)com
William C Allen, BLS, EET

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others"
At least I /have/ a purpose!