export-import problem

From: GreyGeek <jkreps(at)neb(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: export-import problem
Date: 2004-10-29 00:39:53
Lists: pgsql-general

I export data from a table that contains a varchar field that stores whole
names in it. Some of the names include the apostrophe character....
O'Neal, etc... When I attempt to import the data (using the copy command
the apostrophe kills the import. If I export the data with quotes around
the varchar field the quotes get stored inside the varchar field.
What the magic incantation to get apostrophes in textual data without
surrounding the data with quotes?
GreyGeek