Ubuntu lunar archived, Debian buster in LTS mode

From: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL in Debian <pgsql-pkg-debian(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Ubuntu lunar archived, Debian buster in LTS mode
Date: 2024-04-16 07:19:34
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Distribution news from apt.postgresql.org:

Ubuntu lunar (23.04) moved to apt-archive.postgresql.org today.

Ubuntu noble (24.04) is being set up; some things are still in flux
due to the ongoing 64-bit time_t transition ("t64").

Debian buster (10) switched to LTS mode on the Debian side. For
apt.postgresql.org that means we are no longer updating the ppc64el
and s390x packages in buster-pgdg. A few packages won't receive any
updates in buster-pgdg anymore as buster-backports was also dropped
from ftp.debian.org.

Buster's LTS EOL is scheduled for June 30th, 2024. We'll try to keep
it around as long as it doesn't cause any trouble, but old toolchains
will ultimately start to hurt when things in unstable have moved too
far ahead, so please be prepared for buster-pgdg to be archived at any
point after that.

Christoph