Re: Documentation: warn about two_phase when altering a subscription

From: Bertrand Drouvot <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2024-01-31 05:55:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 01:47:16PM +1100, Peter Smith wrote:
> Hi, thanks for the patch. Here are some review comments for v1

Thanks for the review!

> ======
>
> (below is not showing the links and other sgml rendering -- all those LGTM)
>
> BEFORE
> When altering the slot_name, the failover and two_phase properties
> values of the named slot may differ from their counterparts failover
> and two_phase parameters specified in the subscription. When creating
> the slot, ensure the slot failover and two_phase properties match
> their counterparts parameters values of the subscription.
>
> SUGGESTION
> When altering the slot_name, the failover and two_phase property
> values of the named slot may differ from the counterpart failover and
> two_phase parameters specified by the subscription. When creating the
> slot, ensure the slot properties failover and two_phase match their
> counterpart parameters of the subscription.
>
> ~
>
> BEFORE
> Otherwise, the slot on the publisher may behave differently from what
> subscription's failover and two_phase options say: for example, the
> slot on the publisher could ...
>
> SUGGESTION:
> Otherwise, the slot on the publisher may behave differently from what
> these subscription options say: for example, the slot on the publisher
> could ...

As a non native English speaker somehow I have to rely on you for those
suggestions ;-)

They make sense to me so applied both in v2 attached.

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Documentation-warn-about-two_phase-when-altering-.patch text/x-diff 2.6 KB