Re: A recent message added to pg_upgade

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com, alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A recent message added to pg_upgade
Date: 2024-01-10 04:41:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 07:58:06AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> I am fine with this but there is no harm in doing this before or along
> with the main patch. As of now, I don't see any problem but as the
> main patch is still under review, so thought we could even wait for
> the patch to become "Ready For Committer".

My apologies for the delay.

Now that 9a17be1e244a is in the tree, please find attached a patch to
restrict the startup of the launcher using IsBinaryUpgrade in
ApplyLauncherRegister(), with adjustments to the surrounding comments.

Was there anything else you wanted to be covered and/or updated?
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
logirep-launcher-isbinary-v2.patch text/x-diff 2.3 KB