Re: [HACKERS] Changing references of password encryption to hashing

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Changing references of password encryption to hashing
Date: 2023-11-28 14:55:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings,

* Bruce Momjian (bruce(at)momjian(dot)us) wrote:
> Is there any interest in fixing our documentation that says encrypted
> when it means hashed? Should I pursue this?

I do think we should use the correct terminology in our documentation
and would support your working on improving things in this area.

I do wonder if perhaps we would be better off by having someone spend
time on removing terribly insecure authentication methods like md5 and
ldap though ...

Thanks,

Stephen