Re: BUG #18077: PostgreSQL server subprocess crashed by a SELECT statement with WITH clause

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Lepikhov Andrei <a(dot)lepikhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, fuboat(at)outlook(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18077: PostgreSQL server subprocess crashed by a SELECT statement with WITH clause
Date: 2023-09-07 09:46:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Sep 07, 2023 at 03:25:36PM +0700, Lepikhov Andrei wrote:
> I invented a dummy extension "pg_extension" [1], commit 4199a0c,
> which adds CustomScan over the first non-parameterized HashJoin at
> the pathlist.
> The example presented in my letter earlier causes the ERROR on
> CTE. Moreover, if you remove the word 'materialized', you will find
> the same error on Subquery.
>
> [1] https://github.com/danolivo/pg_extension/tree/main

Digressing a bit here about this point.. In the long-term I think
that it would be a good idea to have a template module in
src/test/modules/ that shows how to use a CustomScan so as it is able
to demonstrate how this stuff works, and to check if it is works as
intended. With regression tests, of course.
--
Michael