Re: A failure in 031_recovery_conflict.pl on Debian/s390x

From: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: A failure in 031_recovery_conflict.pl on Debian/s390x
Date: 2023-08-06 20:40:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Re: Thomas Munro
> It's great that you can reproduce this semi-reliably! I've rebased
> the patch, hoping you can try it out.

Unfortunately very semi, today I didn't get to the same point where it
exited after test 7, but got some other timeouts. Not even sure they
are related to this (?) problem. Anyway:

> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BhUKGJDcyW8Hbq3UyG-5-5Y7WqqOTjrXbFTMxxmhiofFraE-Q%40mail.gmail.com

This patch makes the testsuite hang (and later exit) after this:

ok 17 - 5 recovery conflicts shown in pg_stat_database
# Tests were run but no plan was declared and done_testing() was not seen.
# Looks like your test exited with 255 just after 17.

I haven't seen any other problems with the patch attached, but since
that test was hanging and hence very slow, I couldn't do many runs.

Perhaps that's progress, I don't know. :) Logs attached.

Christoph

Attachment Content-Type Size
031_recovery_conflict_primary.log text/plain 12.9 KB
031_recovery_conflict_standby.log text/plain 13.6 KB
regress_log_031_recovery_conflict text/plain 9.2 KB