Re: Various typo fixes

From: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Various typo fixes
Date: 2023-04-11 14:53:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 03:43:12PM +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2023 at 15:39, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 03:36:02PM +0100, Thom Brown wrote:
> > > I've attached a patch with a few typo and grammatical fixes.
> >
> > I think you actually sent the "git-diff" manpage :(
>
> Oh dear, well that's a first. Thanks for pointing out.

Thanks. I think these are all new in v16, right ?

I noticed some of these too - I'll send a patch pretty soon.

|+++ b/doc/src/sgml/logicaldecoding.sgml
|@@ -326,11 +326,11 @@ postgres=# select * from pg_logical_slot_get_changes('regression_slot', NULL, NU
| connection is alive (for example a node restart would break it). Then, the
| primary may delete system catalog rows that could be needed by the logical
| decoding on the standby (as it does not know about the catalog_xmin on the
|- standby). Existing logical slots on standby also get invalidated if wal_level
|- on primary is reduced to less than 'logical'. This is done as soon as the
|- standby detects such a change in the WAL stream. It means, that for walsenders
|- that are lagging (if any), some WAL records up to the wal_level parameter change
|- on the primary won't be decoded.
|+ standby). Existing logical slots on standby also get invalidated if
|+ <varname>wal_level</varname> on the primary is reduced to less than 'logical'.
|+ This is done as soon as the standby detects such a change in the WAL stream.
|+ It means that, for walsenders which are lagging (if any), some WAL records up
|+ to the wal_level parameter change on the primary won't be decoded.
| </para>

I think "logical" should be a <literal> here.