Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h
Date: 2023-04-10 14:31:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings,

* Thomas Munro (thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 9, 2023 at 6:40 AM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> > The exact same thing applies to FreeBSD, except that their in-core
> > Heimdal is ancient (1.5.2). Also, they do have MIT Kerberos
> > available as a package [1]. I'd been misled by the lack of a hit
> > on "kerberos", but "krb5" finds it. Our code does compile against
> > that version of Heimdal, but src/test/kerberos/ refuses to try to
> > run.
>
> FWIW my FBSD animal elver has krb5 installed. Sorry it wasn't running
> when the relevant commit landed. Stupid network cable wriggled out.

Yeah, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if many folks running
FreeBSD with any interest in Kerberos have MIT Kerberos installed given
that Heimdal doesn't seem to be under any kind of ongoing active
development and is just in this maintenance mode.

Have you tried running the tests in src/test/kerberos with elver? Or is
it configured to run them? Would be awesome if it could be, or if
there's issues with running the tests on FBSD w/ MIT Kerberos, I'd be
happy to try and help work through them.

Thanks!

Stephen