Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h
Date: 2023-04-08 11:47:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings,

* Andres Freund (andres(at)anarazel(dot)de) wrote:
> On 2023-04-07 22:50:18 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Or should credential delegation be viewed as an incremental feature that we
> > can support or not?
>
> That seems like the best way forward here.

Yeah, that's certainly doable too, though I'm really not sure we should
be accepting OSX's GSSAPI library and that might really be the only case
at issue here. Either way, I've reverted it and will see about picking
it up for the next cycle (again) and hopefully be able to work through
these issues either by having it be optional or, if NetBSD and Heimdal
actually support all the APIs just with different headers, perhaps
deciding we're willing to require them.

Thanks,

Stephen