Negative cache entries for memoize

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Negative cache entries for memoize
Date: 2023-04-05 15:12:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote an optimizer talk that explains memoize, slides 24-25:

https://momjian.us/main/writings/pgsql/beyond.pdf#page=25

During two presentations, I was asked if negative cache entries were
created for cases where inner-side lookups returned no rows.

It seems we don't do that. Has this been considered or is it planned?

EDB https://enterprisedb.com

Embrace your flaws. They make you human, rather than perfect,
which you will never be.