Re: System catalog documentation chapter

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: System catalog documentation chapter
Date: 2022-07-08 16:07:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jul 8, 2022 at 11:49:47AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Agreed. I don't want to break links into the documentation in final
> > released versions, so head and PG15 seem wise.
>
> I would not expect this to change the doc URLs for any individual
> catalogs or views --- if it does, I won't be happy.

Good point --- I thought the chapter was in the URL, but I now see it is
just the section heading:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/view-pg-available-extensions.html

so I guess we can backpatch this with no issues.

EDB https://enterprisedb.com

Indecision is a decision. Inaction is an action. Mark Batterson