Re: pg_upgrade test writes to source directory

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade test writes to source directory
Date: 2022-05-31 07:17:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, May 28, 2022 at 04:14:01PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeah, I'd noticed the obsoleted comments too, but not bothered to complain
> since that was just WIP and not an officially proposed patch. I'll be
> happy to review if you want to put up a full patch.

Well, here is a formal patch set, then. Please feel free to comment.

FWIW, I am on the fence with dropping TESTDIR, as it could be used by
out-of-core test code as well. If there are doubts about
back-patching the first part, doing that only on HEAD would be fine to
fix the problem of this thread.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Add-TESTOUTDIR-as-directory-for-the-output-of-the.patch text/x-diff 6.4 KB
v3-0002-Run-pg_upgrade-test-in-test-output-directory-as-o.patch text/x-diff 2.4 KB