Re: 15beta1 crash on mips64el in pg_regress/triggers

From: Christoph Berg <myon(at)debian(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 15beta1 crash on mips64el in pg_regress/triggers
Date: 2022-05-20 08:11:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Re: Tom Lane
> Many kilowatt-hours later, I've entirely failed to reproduce this
> on gcc230. Not sure how to investigate further. Given that your
> original build machine is so slow, could it be timing-related?
> Hard to see how, given the location of the crash, but ...

My other rebuild (on yet another machine) also passed fine, so we can
possibly attribute that to some hardware glitch on the original
machine. But it's being used as a regular buildd for Debian, so I
guess it would have already been noticed if there was any general
problem with it. I'll try reaching out to the buildd folks if they
know anything.

https://buildd.debian.org/status/recent.php?bad_results_only=on&a=mips64el&suite=experimental

Christoph