Re: Mark all GUC variable as PGDLLIMPORT

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, John Naylor <john(dot)naylor(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Mark all GUC variable as PGDLLIMPORT
Date: 2022-05-13 00:05:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 11:59:49AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It seems pretty nonsensical to add PGDLLIMPORT to frontend only headers /
>> variables. What is that supposed to mean?
>
> Yeah, that's why I removed it in 9a374b77.

Perhaps we should try to remove it from the header itself in the long
run, even if that's used in a couple of macros? pgbench relies on it
to avoid building a debug string for a meta-command, and logging.h has
it in those compat macros.. I won't fight on that, though.

Anyway, I'll go remove the marking. My apologies for the noise.
--
Michael