Re: Run pg_amcheck in 002_pg_upgrade.pl and 027_stream_regress.pl?

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Run pg_amcheck in 002_pg_upgrade.pl and 027_stream_regress.pl?
Date: 2022-04-04 23:46:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Apr 03, 2022 at 11:53:03AM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> It seems $subject would have a chance of catching some of these bugs, as well
> as exposing amcheck to a database with a bit more varied content?

Makes sense to me to extend that.

> Depending on the cost it might make sense to do this optionally, via
> PG_TEST_EXTRA?

Yes, it would be good to check the difference in run-time before
introducing more. A logical dump of the regression database is no
more than 15MB if I recall correctly, so my guess is that most of the
runtime is still going to be eaten by the run of pg_regress.
--
Michael