Re: Tab completion for ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW ... SET ACCESS METHOD

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Yugo NAGATA <nagata(at)sraoss(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tab completion for ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW ... SET ACCESS METHOD
Date: 2022-03-19 10:31:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 03:13:05PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Thanks. This looks rather sane to me. I'll split things into 3
> commits in total, as of the psql completion, SET TABLESPACE and SET
> ACCESS METHOD. The first and third patches are only for HEAD, while
> the documentation hole with SET TABLESPACE should go down to v10.
> Backpatching the tests of ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW ALL IN TABLESPACE
> would not hurt, either, as there is zero coverage for that now.

I have applied the set, after splitting things mostly as mentioned
upthread:
- The doc change for SET TABLESPACE on ALTER MATVIEW has been
backpatched.
- The regression tests for SET TABLESPACE have been applied on HEAD,
as these are independent of the rest, good on their own.
- All the remaining parts for SET ACCESS METHOD (psql tab completion,
tests and docs) have been merged together on HEAD. I could not
understand why the completion done after SET ACCESS METHOD was not
grouped with the other parts for ALTER MATVIEW, so I have moved the
new entry there, and I have added a test checking after an error for
multiple subcommands, while on it.

Thanks, Nagata-san!
--
Michael