Re: make tuplestore helper function

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: make tuplestore helper function
Date: 2022-03-07 02:29:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 02, 2022 at 03:43:17PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> This is actually setting up a function in the context of a single call
> where we fill the tuplestore with all its values, so instead I have
> settled down to name that SetSingleFuncCall(), to make a parallel with
> the existing MultiFuncCall*(). funcapi.c is the right place for
> that, and I have added more documentation in the fmgr's README as well
> as funcapi.h.

I have tortured all those code paths for the last couple of days, and
the new function name, as well as its options, still seemed fine to
me, so I have applied the patch. The buildfarm is cool with it. It
is worth noting that there are more code paths in contrib/ that could
be simplified with this new routine.
--
Michael