Re: shared_preload_libraries = 'pg_stat_statements' failing with installcheck (compute_query_id = auto)

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: shared_preload_libraries = 'pg_stat_statements' failing with installcheck (compute_query_id = auto)
Date: 2022-02-08 03:56:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 08, 2022 at 11:48:15AM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> That's already been discussed in [1] and rejected, as it would also mean losing
> the ability to have pg_stat_statements (or any similar extension) coverage
> using the regression tests. I personally rely on regression tests for such
> custom extensions quite a lot, so I'm still -1 on that.

Well, I can see that this is a second independent complain after a few
months. If you wish to keep this capability, wouldn't it be better to
add a "regress" mode to compute_query_id, where we would mask
automatically this information in the output of EXPLAIN but still run
the computation?
--
Michael