Re: Add jsonlog log_destination for JSON server logs

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Sehrope Sarkuni <sehrope(at)jackdb(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, david(at)fetter(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add jsonlog log_destination for JSON server logs
Date: 2022-01-10 12:48:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 07, 2022 at 03:49:47PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Yes, I was waiting for the latest results, but that did not help at
> all. Something is wrong with the patch, I am not sure what yet, but
> that seems like a mistake in the backend part of it rather than the
> tests. I have switched the CF entry as waiting on author until this
> is addressed.

The issue comes from an incorrect change in syslogger_parseArgs()
where I missed that the incrementation of argv by 3 has no need to be
changed. A build with -DEXEC_BACKEND is enough to show the failure,
which caused a crash when starting up the syslogger because of a NULL
pointer dereference. The attached v9 should be enough to switch the
CF bot to green.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
v9-0001-Some-refactoring-of-elog-specific-routines.patch text/x-diff 10.2 KB
v9-0002-Refactor-CSV-specific-code-into-its-own-file.patch text/x-diff 14.6 KB
v9-0003-JSON-logging.patch text/x-diff 34.1 KB