Re: pg_upgrade test for binary compatibility of core data types

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Jacob Champion <pchampion(at)vmware(dot)com>, tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, buschmann(at)nidsa(dot)net, noah(at)leadboat(dot)com, tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, bruce(at)momjian(dot)us, andres(at)anarazel(dot)de
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade test for binary compatibility of core data types
Date: 2021-11-18 04:36:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 10:07:17AM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> In general I'm in agreement with the direction here. If we can have a
> script that applies to back branches to make them suitable for upgrade
> testing instead of embedding this in the buildfarm client, so much the
> better.

Okay. I have worked on 0001 to add the table to check after the
binary compatibilities and applied it. What remains on this thread is
0002 to move all the SQL queries into a psql-able file with the set of
\if clauses to control which query is run depending on the backend
version. Justin, could you send a rebased version of that with all
the changes from the buildfarm client included?
--
Michael