Re: Incorrect fd handling in syslogger.c for Win64 under EXEC_BACKEND

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Incorrect fd handling in syslogger.c for Win64 under EXEC_BACKEND
Date: 2021-09-28 05:36:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 12:41:40PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Am I missing something obvious? One thing that we could do here is
> to do the parsing with pg_lltoa() while printing the argument with
> INT64_FORMAT, no?

I wrote that a bit too quickly. After looking at it, what we could
use to parse the handle pointer is scanint8() instead, even if that's
a bit ugly. I also found the code a bit confused regarding "fd", that
could be manipulated as an int or intptr_t, so something like the
attached should improve the situation.

Opinions welcome.
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
win32-syslogger-forking.patch text/x-diff 2.1 KB