Re: Tab completion for "create unlogged" a bit too lax?

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: "Daniel Westermann (DWE)" <daniel(dot)westermann(at)dbi-services(dot)com>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tab completion for "create unlogged" a bit too lax?
Date: 2021-08-25 00:21:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021 at 12:04:28PM +0000, Daniel Westermann (DWE) wrote:
> Hm, I think tab completion should only give choices for operations
> that are supposed to work. Anyway, thanks for pointing me to the
> commit, that makes it more clear why it is that way.

FWIW, my position on that is that there is no point to recommend
grammars that will return errors, and many code paths of
tab-complete.c list only their options available ignoring ones that
fail. And we are talking about a one-line change as all the code
paths of CREATE UNLOGGED only have code to handle the case of TABLE.
--
Michael