Re: Some RELKIND macro refactoring

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Some RELKIND macro refactoring
Date: 2021-08-17 02:59:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 10:22:50AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Partitioned tables are not listed here, but IIRC there's a patch to let
> partitioned tables have a table AM so that their partitions inherit it.

This was raised in the thread for ALTER TABLE SET ACCESS METHOD (see
patch 0002):
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20210308010707.GA29832@telsasoft.com

I am not sure whether we'd want to do that for table AMs as
property inheritance combined with partitioned tables has always been
a sensitive topic for any properties, but if we discuss this it should
be on a new thread.
--
Michael