Failure in subscription test 004_sync.pl

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Date: 2021-06-12 07:43:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

wrasse has just failed with what looks like a timing error with a
replication slot drop:
https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=wrasse&dt=2021-06-12%2006%3A16%3A30

Here is the error:
error running SQL: 'psql:<stdin>:1: ERROR: could not drop replication
slot "tap_sub" on publisher: ERROR: replication slot "tap_sub" is
active for PID 1641'

It seems to me that this just lacks a poll_query_until() doing some
slot monitoring? I have not checked in details if we need to do that
in more places. The code path that failed has been added in 7c4f524
from 2017.

Thanks,
--
Michael