Re: Fix dropped object handling in pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Sven Klemm <sven(at)timescale(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Fix dropped object handling in pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands
Date: 2021-06-11 12:36:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 11:00:40AM +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> The last argument should be `false` then.

Hm, nope. I think that we had better pass true as argument here.

First, this is more consistent with the identity lookup (OK, it does
not matter as we would have discarded the object after the identity
lookup anyway, but any future shuffling of this code may not be that
wise). Second, now that I look at it, getObjectTypeDescription() can
never be NULL as we have fallback names for relations, routines and
constraints for all object types so the buffer will be filled with
some data. Let's replace the bottom of getObjectTypeDescription()
that returns now NULL by Assert(buffer.len > 0). This code is new as
of v14, so it is better to adjust that sooner than later.
--
Michael