Re: Small issues with CREATE TABLE COMPRESSION

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Jacob Champion <pchampion(at)vmware(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Small issues with CREATE TABLE COMPRESSION
Date: 2021-05-08 13:13:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, May 08, 2021 at 05:37:58PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Thanks! I can dive into that if that's an issue. Let's make things
> compatible with what upstream provides, meaning that we should have
> some documentation pointing to the location of their deliverables,
> equally to what we do for the Perl and OpenSSL dependencies for
> example.

Dilip has sent me a patch set without adding pgsql-hackers in CC (I
guess these will be available soon). Anyway, this patch included a
change to fix a hole in the installation docs, where --with-lz4 is not
listed yet. I have reviewed that stuff and found more
inconsistencies in the docs, leading me to the attached:
- The upstream project name is "LZ4", so we had better use the correct
name when not referring to the option value used in CREATE/ALTER
TABLE.
- doc/src/sgml/installation.sgml misses a description for --with-lz4.

Without the Windows changes, I am finishing with the attached to close
the loop with the docs.

Thanks,
--
Michael